In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1245
The largest and most active MSU Spartans board on the web
The place to ask questions to SpartanTailgate's recruiting experts
"The Duff" is dedicated to Michigan State football recruiting discussion
"The Bres" is dedicated to Michigan State basketball recruiting discussion
This is your pulpit to preach to the masses about everything from politics to religion
The place to buy, trade or sell Michigan State tickets
For fantasy football and other fantasy sports discussion
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
I figure that generally it's not a great idea to regularly argue in front of kids. Just seems like a good general rule. Thought this story was interesting, basically saying that they can react to it even while asleep.
A new infant brain study has found that babies notice arguments and react to them even when they are asleep -- which may make you think twice about ha...
Depends on which of the mothers I am with. A couple of them are total nags.
so in other words, "argue like you were on the Wells Board".
That's a bunch of bullshit Bob. I hate you!
i don't argue. i just whoop they ass.
I think a few minutes here and there is OK. A 2 hour fight....no way
RCMB Join Date: September 2001
Hell yeah. It's real life man. How can you avoid it?
They also see how you get over it.
F--K YOU. I'm going to the bar! Might be home tonight, might not.
Goodbar Jr. is just going to treat his wife the same way because he doesn't know anything different.
Denise Elaine Mitchell, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John T. Mitchell of Venice, Fla., was married yesterday to William Dean Goodbar Jr., the son of Mrs. D. Bruce Ellsworth of Colorado Springs and
Probably not even mine anyway. I'm out!
I find it best to only argue in front of kids and then blame them for your argument.
We find it better to hold everything in and not talk about anything. Therefore we don't have arguments in front of our daughter.
My child is deaf, so my wife and I yell and swear at the top of our lungs but with big fucking smiles on our faces. "You never do shit around the house! " "Maybe I would if you managed to make a decent meal! " How the hell is he gonna know the difference? I guess it's the neighbor kids we should be concerned about.
When the hell did you get so level-headed?
I had no idea my step mom posted on this board. Weird.
I have a feeling a lot of babies lied during this study.
Dominating Press Conferences Since 2007
What did you do to piss off Mel this time?
RCMB Premium Poster
One thing my ex and I said we'd not do is argue in front of our daughter. That lasted all of a few days. Now we're divorced.
My parents really never fought much at all but I do remember one argument pretty specifically when I was like 12. We were going to frankenmuth for some Christmas shit and my mom got pissed at my dad for being too cautious with money so I remember her screaming that she was going to buy us all four wheelers and snowmobiles.... We never got either dammit.
Kids are hyper sensitive to smell, noise, etc... Anything negative impacts brain development and other physical / psychological things. They say having alcohol or smoke on your breath while handling a baby is bad. 0-5 age is when the baby's brain develops the most.
My parents fought all the time, and I hated it. So, my wife and I NEVER fought in front of the kids. Honestly, we have never fought all that much anyway. As a word of advice for young husbands--95% of the shit makes no difference, let the wife have those. The other 5% you'll normally win by default.
This is good advice! I figured that out too late. Of course my ex would still argue even after I relented on whatever stupid shit she was going off on.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports