In partnership with CBSSports.com
The largest and most active MSU Spartans board on the web
The place to ask questions to SpartanTailgate's recruiting experts
"The Duff" is dedicated to Michigan State football recruiting discussion
"The Bres" is dedicated to Michigan State basketball recruiting discussion
This is your pulpit to preach to the masses about everything from politics to religion
The place to buy, trade or sell Michigan State tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Please see the forum guidelines as far as bashing players/recruits go. Consider this a general warning.
3) We can revoke your right to post on Spartantailgate.com for any reason at any time without any prior notice.
4) We reserve the right to delete your posts at any time for any reason. The First Amendment doesn't apply to a privately owned message board, you do not have a freedom to say whatever you want on Spartantailgate.com at any time. You can be censored, you will be censored, so just get used to it.
5) Asking why a post was deleted, will have your post deleted. You may disagree with why your post was deleted, and we are fine with that, but asking why or commenting on it on the board will be cause for your posts to be deleted. If you take great offense to having a post deleted, send the Admin a Private Message. If it's worth replying to, he will.
9) No repetitive negative posting. You will know repetitive posting when you see it.
What makes a repetitve post? Here is where the line will be drawn. If you come on here and consistently say the exact same thing about the exact same topic day in and day out, that is being repetitive. If you are a one-trick pony, your trick will wear out its welcome.
What about repetitive MSU bashing? The same applies here. If all you ever do is post after an MSU loss or post the same negative flames about MSU over and over just to incite people, you will be considered a flamer and treated appropriately.
10) If you repost a post that was deleted, that is grounds for banning.
12) Remember the site's audience. Not only is this site viewed by MSU fans, but it can be and is viewed by potential MSU recruits, their families, MSU players, their families and MSU administrators.
13) No recruit bashing. 99% of you have never seen most of our recruits play. It is not acceptable to attack a recruit simply based on their rankings. This site is visited by recruits and their families. These kids just became Spartans or are considering it, treat them like it. If you are unhappy with the overall recruiting class or trend, start a separate thread to discuss it. There is no reason to ruin what is possibly the happiest day of many of these kid's lives.
20) Respect the difficult job that RCMB Moderators have. These people VOLUNTEER their time to help keep this site running smoothly. Please respect that even if you don't always agree with them. Excessive bashing of the mods is unacceptable. They may make decisions that are inconsistent and without explanation. Live with it.
This post was edited by d mcc 20 months ago
For the love of Trevor...™
Thank you. This place has been truly toxic lately.
Can there be a rule regarding creating scUM obession threads?
"What is green and white and red all over? The Spartans pounding their chests after this bloodbath" -Mitch Albom 11/2/13
Not worth the pin until properly enforced.
Yet last week, when a regular, VIP poster (InTenSity) lashed out at someone who was bashing a specific player, the VIP poster got a PERMANENT ban for a personal attack, while the troll bashing a player received nothing.
The mods here have all the consistency of Big Ten referees.
Yup. These threats are played. They'll be half heartedly and selectively enforced for a week or so and then abandoned.
"But...but...it's just stuff we do in the heat of the moment! You can't expect us to be responsible for our own actions! If the players would play better we wouldn't rip on them!"
Mods don't do enough banning, locking and deleting. find new mods
"Put your mother in a straight-jacket you punk ass white boy." ~ Mike Tyson
I honestly think the Nucky era has managed to suck the sliver of entertainment the Rods got out of laying down bans. It's just a hassle and a chore now and another click/minute of their unpaid time spent to eliminate another proxy IP, another schtick, another troll, etc. The lousy posters get to skate where they may have been on the chopping block on the old board.
There are some posters like MSUx2 and BostonUSpartan that just shouldn't be around. Period. If we're going to let in the douches who make 80% of their posts in game threads following losses, we just need to let Michigan trolls post too.
This post was edited by Lunchables 20 months ago
What about offensive coordinators?
It'd be easier to find new posters. I think we should start advertising on SpartanNation's Phalanx for new blood.
Hopefully the advertisement doesn't take up the entire page on mobile..
I've still never seen that advertisement and I'm on mobile a lot.
Honestly, tired of having to say this, but the extreme lack of moderating tools make this site terrible. The biggest miss is the lack of post reporting. The expectation from the users is that the board is going to be able to moderated in a similar fashion to the old RCMB when it's just not possible. We told 247 that we needed more moderator tools and they must have misunderstood. Instead they filled the board up with tools.
Maybe we need to overthrow them by staging a coo day taw.
You need to read every post. You are slacking. We demand excellence here!
Thing is, the players do hear and read this stuff. If they don't read it, someone is more than happy to tell them "Did you hear what they're saying about you?". Thankfully, most of them are wired such that they don't hold the opinions of internet posters in particularly high esteem. Not all are, though. It's way out of hand on here. Has been for a long time.
Anyone. Anyplace. Anytime.
I also don't read every thread. On the old board, I used Forum Spy. That allowed me to see every post in every thread within seconds of it being posted if I had the screen up. I could delete BS posts within seconds.
I'm really surprised by the number of self proclaimed really successful grown men (and dumbshits like blanch) who feel the need to berate college kids for not playing a sporting event up to the level they want. It is a game, these are 18-23 year old kids, life will go on.
Why not just link a credit card to every account? Wait, that is too easy.
hoke- to alter or manipulate so as to give a deceptively or superficially improved quality or value.
And trust 247 not to charge it "accidentally"?
Totally understood. I've always had the stance that it's way more 247's fault than the mods on this site. Who does IP bans?
Trevor and the STAFF do IP bans. Moderators cannot.
There are 18 or so! How many more do we need?
But seriously...there are a few who do great work. They don't offset the (essentially) honorary ones who do nothing.
It would be more helpful if you just included the operative guidelines. Half the posters here are too lazy to find the guidelines.
Nίκη για MSU
Posted those pertinent to this announcement
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports