In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1048
Online now 1367 Record: 10351 (3/11/2012)
The largest and most active MSU Spartans board on the web
The place to ask questions to SpartanTailgate's recruiting experts
"The Duff" is dedicated to Michigan State football recruiting discussion
"The Bres" is dedicated to Michigan State basketball recruiting discussion
This is your pulpit to preach to the masses about everything from politics to religion
The place to buy, trade or sell Michigan State tickets
For fantasy football and other fantasy sports discussion
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Accurate stats are accurate!
"As far as the downvotes. It's a gnat biting an lion"
-- A member of tRCMB Justice League, taking the internet WAY WAY too seriously.
Aren't there about 40k undergrad? Is that roughly 6k students that don't party with friends? I hate the stats the university puts out.
Now knowing what 1995 is like all over again! Thank you 247 technology!!
Maybe the 16% consists of students drinking by themselves. RCMB posters maybe?
Also, 90% of MSU students choose to drink Coke during sporting events!
70%, but you were close
Porcupines float when thrown in water
Has anyone ever been to a bar or party where they knew every single person? This number is even more bullshitty than most of the "stats" they put out.
Remind yourself. Nobody built like you, you design yourself.
I love these stats.
Saw one yesterday: "96% of Spartans disapprove of provoking fights and arguments when drinking." The other side, even 4%, is always interesting
You are now my favorite poster. Rocket play is right up there. Funny stuff.
Keeping the sunshiners in check since 2000.
The greatest one was "81% of MSU students use a designated driver after drinking."
So 19% of our students are drunk drivers? Parents will love that
70% don't drink during the tournament? Who did they survey, the quidditch team?
I did an independent study at Olin when I was a student and they had some special name for these stats and they were so proud of them. Always seemed a bit stupid to me.
On another note, they had some master plan to keep things calm after the final four game in 99... oopsies, the plan didn't turn out so well.
hahah it only takes 4% to start an all-out brawl. key word here is "provoking",
Obviously. They clearly targeted the kids who are too cool to follow basketball. The other 30% are slamming Zimas behind the bleachers on the fairy field.
50 % say IN, 45% say On, 5 % say "whatever I can get"
Also saw one like "60 percent of students don't approve of drinking to the point of blacking out."
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports