In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1107
Online now 634 Record: 10351 (3/11/2012)
The largest and most active MSU Spartans board on the web
The place to ask questions to SpartanTailgate's recruiting experts
"The Duff" is dedicated to Michigan State football recruiting discussion
"The Bres" is dedicated to Michigan State basketball recruiting discussion
This is your pulpit to preach to the masses about everything from politics to religion
The place to buy, trade or sell Michigan State tickets
For fantasy football and other fantasy sports discussion
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
1. Where did you grow up?
2. Why did you choose MSU?
3. Did you root for another school before coming to MSU?
"RCMB: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainry." - some dude from MgoBlog
Grew up in Wisconsin.
Most my family is from the UP, they either go to MSU or ND. My grandpa played here very briefly then graduated and passed down the MSU love to me.
Never, MSU since day 1.
Cleveland. Mom's whole of family is from Detroit so multiple Aunts and Uncles went to MSU. She went to UM but I've always loved the green and white. Only team I've ever rooted for and a lot of it had to do with my love for hoops and the amazing program here.
1. Lived in Lexington, KY for the first half of my life before college...didn't really pay attention to the MSU/UM rivalry even when we moved up to Michigan.
2. Kick-ass education department, #1 music ed program in the country.
3. Rooted for UK for many, many years. But I realized the error of my ways and now they can go fuck themselves.
tRCMB - Visit at your own risk of being disgusted.
2. Journalism program, Honors College, incredibly friendly atmosphere and people when I visited.
3. St. John's basketball, Florida State football (should give you a good idea of when I grew up and the fact that there was no real local football program worth following)
This post was edited by Achtung Baby 12 months ago
1. Columbia, Missouri from age 4-14.
This post was edited by HillSpartan 12 months ago
1. Out East
2. MSU had very good Science Depts and I knew someone who came out here and loved it. Best campus I visited (U of Ill, Wusconsin, NW, tOSU, PSU.) I wanted to get away from the East Coast.
3. Didn't follow much college sports. MSU had the same colors as my High School. Was always a football crazy fan but didn't know MSU was good at Fball untill I got out here in 64 for the end of the glory years.... YAHOOOOOOO!
Nίκη για MSU
2. My family was originally from Michigan and I got attached to MSU at a young age for no particular reason.
3. Nope. It was always MSU from the beginning.
This is a Pallas’s cat. Their round pupils give them an odd human quality. They disturb me...deeply.
1. Syracuse NY
2. No ties to MSU. Decided to go to state when I was 9 years old watching a msu- scum bball game. Mom thought I was crazy and had no chance as I was just held back a grade! Made it a dream and only applied to state.
3. Grew up a cuse fan
1. Suburban Chicago
2. Came down to Missouri or State; talked to students while visiting Mizzou who asked what other schools I was considering and when I told them MSU they asked why I was even considering Missouri, that was where they would have gone had they had the choice. Made the decision pretty easy.
3. Both parents went to Northwestern and I grew up within a short bike ride of McGaw Hall and Dyche Stadium, unfortunately this was also in the midst of NU's record-setting losing streak in football, but I was a loyal Wildcats fan and still am as long as they're not playing the Spartans.
Grandfather is in MSU HOF for Cross Country (36-40). Aunt and Dad also graduates. We are all originally from Buffalo. My grandfather was a runner and a guy he worked with told him MSC had a good program.
MSU since birth.
1. Born and raised in Minnesota.
2. I knew I wanted to study food science and go to a Big Ten school. Michigan State has the best food science program in the Big Ten.
3. Grew up a Gopher fan. I still cheer for them when they aren't playing MSU.
1- Born in Michigan, but only lived there for about a year. Military family; moved all over.
2- Still had family in Michigan and I could get "in-state" tuition rates because my dad never changed his official residency from Michigan, even though we moved a bunch of times. i visited MSU, UM, and CMU. Was accepted at all schools, but I liked MSU the best. Thankful every day for that decision.
3- UM- yes, its true. Being born in Michigan and moving all the time, I adopted UM as my team and rooted as hard as any Wal*verine. That all ended abruptly as soon as I received my "Congratulations, You're a Spartan" letter, which I still have 20 years later.
2.) Unless you want to be a commercial airline pilot or a geologist, the state of Alaska's higher education system is a bit of a joke. If you want to pursue any other field, you pretty much have to go to an out-of-state school. Anyway, simply put, I liked what MSU had to offer.
3.) University of Alaska-Anchorage hockey and hoops. I still root for the Seawolves when I can, but I bleed Spartan green.
1. Grew up in Maine
2. Parents, grandfathers on both sides, aunts, uncles, and now cousins all attended Michigan State. My mom's side of the family is from Michigan (Coldwater), my dad's side are Mainers. My grandfather from Maine chose MSU for Veterinary Medicine and the tradition of green and white trickled it's way down the bloodline. My parents met at State. The lone non-Spartan in the family is one uncle who attended Ohio State.
3. Always a Spartan. Wore my little #12 Cleaves jersey and MSU gym shorts to class in 4th grade the morning after the National Championship in 2000.
UA Fairbanks hockey videos are the best in the world.
1. Grew up in a north suburb of Chicago.
2. Was sitting in the Peanut Barrel having a burger on a beautiful day and dug the vibe.
3. I grew up rooting for Northwestern football because I lived close to the stadium, my dad went there and we had season tickets. The 1995 season turned me a huge college football fan. I always liked Michigan State and respected the shit out of the basketball team. Now, Michigan State is my #1 and I love the Spartans to death. Northwestern is a distant second.
2) Knew I wanted a big ten school, fell in love with it right away. the people made me feel really welcomed and everyone seemed so happy.
3) Illinois. Once I visited, though, I knew it wasn't for me.
1- New Jersey
2-Several family members went to MSU
3-Always rooted for MSU
I am grow up in Armenia. Man come to village in 2004. He have big box of shirts to say Michigan State Big Ten Champions of Basketball. He give shirt to me. Am so happy to wear all time. Do not even let mother wash in river. Now loving Michigan State of basketball but need money to have big television and satellite with sports package. Please help. Will accept Paypal.
2. MSU had the program I was interested in, I had family ties to MSU and mid-Michigan, and I wanted to move away from where I grew up.
3. Watched a lot of Pac 10 football as a kid, mainly because that was all that was shown on tv. UCLA and USC. Mostly just grew up a huge Niners fan during their heyday.
1) Fort Wayne, IN (though I lived in Sterling Heights till I was 6)
2) Spent 1 weekend up there. That's all I needed.
3) Nope. As most people know, FortWayneDave is my father. Tons of Spartans in our family too.
Michigan State does not and will not run the 3-4 defense.
1) Chicago, Illinois until I was 7, Portland, Maine until I was 10, Atlanta, Georgia until I was 13, Grand Rapids, Michigan for high school.
2) Really wanted to return home to Illinois, but out-of-state tuition was ridiculous, was accepted and received schollies to Mizzou which put it at the in-state rate. Chose Michigan State because of the B1G school, I wanted the large school with good athletics. I wanted a school that was nationally recognized with a large alumni network.
3) Both my parents went to UIllinois so I grew up a Fighting Illini fan. August 24, 2005 (when I moved into 440 N Wonders), I was no longer an Illini fan. I, however, did shed some tears during the Chief's last dance. CHIEEEEEEEEEEF.
Chief's Last Dance on ESPN 2/21/2007
I always imagined you as a recent grad
1. Suburbs of NYC
2. Even though my entire family is from the south or the Easf Coast...we are an MSU family. My Aunt, Uncle, Older brother and older cousin all went to MSU. Little cousin is a sophomore there now.
I was actually all set to go to University of Arizona. Had a dorm assignment and everything. Then MSU offered me a sizable scholarship. Best thing that ever happened to me.
3. I grew up a HUGE Tennessee Volunteer fan. Both of my parents are alums. My dad and I made the 5 hour drive to Syracuse and saw them open the undefeated National Title season in 98.
Did FWD hate on Jud when you were a kid ?
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports