In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 501
Online now 561 Record: 10351 (3/11/2012)
The largest and most active MSU Spartans board on the web
The place to ask questions to SpartanTailgate's recruiting experts
"The Duff" is dedicated to Michigan State football recruiting discussion
"The Bres" is dedicated to Michigan State basketball recruiting discussion
This is your pulpit to preach to the masses about everything from politics to religion
The place to buy, trade or sell Michigan State tickets
For fantasy football and other fantasy sports discussion
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
maxwell the starting QB
No Denicos Allen or Jack Allen. Keiler at Center. France at RG. Fonoti at LT. Arnett still behind Fowler. Ugh.
Edit: Just saw the bottom of the page. Didn't know their injury status
This post was edited by WavSpartan 13 months ago
nate klatt gone? did he graduate?
1) Surprised (in a good way) to see Madaris so high
2) Conversely, surprised to see Caesar so low
3) Hoebing to OT
4) Kieler to C
5) Nick Hill listed as sole starter at RB
6) LT to 300lbs
7) What injuries do Denicos, Jack Allen and DD have?
Holy hell, the defense will be frightening.
Jairus Jones no longer playing Safety and is listed as 2 behind Jones at Star Linebacker is surprising to me.
Frick, no Mills. He still lists himself on the team, hangs with team, wonder what the word is.
If the OL can stay healthy, I really like the look of it and think there's talent in the 2-deeps to hopefully push the starters all year.
Kieler to C means bad things IMO. He was brought in as a OT.....Preferably LT. A move to the most interior of line positions tells me that his footwork probably is not developing
Agree about Kieler. Isn't 6'5'' 316 pretty huge for a C?
Riley Bullough listed as the backup to Max is interesting, I thought Riley would stay on the outside.
We are not the same, I am a Spartan
Lots of changes. Summary:
- Fonoti to LT
- France to RG
- Jackson back at C, Allen injured. Kieler listed as a 2nd string C.
- Lippett starts at X, Madaris is first backup. Caesar listed here too.
- Gleichert starts at TE, Lang is first backup
- Mumphery starts at Z, Fowler is first backup
- Burbridge starts at F, Kings is first backup
- Hill starts at RB, Langford is first backup
- Calhoun and Rush are bookend DEs, Drone and Heath to back up
- Hoover and Kittredge start at DT and NT respectively, LT and Reynolds are respective backups
- Allen is out, so Elsworth is the #1 SAM
- Jairus Jones listed as a backup STAR behind Taiwan Jones
- Jamal Lyles is listed both as a backup DE and a backup SAM
- Dennard limited to injury, so Calquhoun has the other starting spot across from Trae Waynes. Hicks and Robinson are backups.
- Drummond at FS, Cox is backup.
- Lewis at SS, Williamson is backup.
- Muma has kickoffs and placekicks.
Here is the Spring Roster, gives a better look with injured players
TE scares me. anyone else wanting to pursue something with caesar there? ik he had issues picking up blocking schemes, but cant we use him as an aaron hernandez hybrid type?
I think you're probably right, but J. Allen is out with injury, so perhaps they just moved him over for an extra body?
He was injured during his redshirt year. This is probably a stopgap kind of measure until Allen is full go. Kieler still has a year or two before contributing.
Yeah....He was a sleeper/project when he came in. Looks like the project isn't working out. Bummer cause we need OTs
Would make more sense to move a OG than a LT
I'm not sure we have enough information to be scared yet. Jones and Price are unknowns, but Gleichert and Lang looked good last year when they had a shot.
It will be hard to replace Sims though. When he was healthy, he was a hell of a mismatch.
Jim Bollman cross-training at work, I see.
Actually.....Now that you mention it, that might be it!
Joe Rexrode @joerexrode
And the depth across the board on defense is striking. Drummond, Lewis, Cox, Williamson at S, etc. Also, Lyles listed at DE AND OLB.
Agree with this. The D will once again keep MSU competitive in every game it plays. The question is whether or not the O can score enough points to win those games.
I am a little worried about interior d line. Hopefully the db's will be as good as advertised allowing lb's to help control.the los.
One thing Dantonio has said repeatedly over the years is that the TE's need to block to see the field. Seems like there should be packages where the TE is mostly a receiving option, but I'm no O coordinator.
I still like the idea of Caesar being on the outside in red zone situations where he's 1v1 against a corner. It pissed me off that we never used Sims outside. You either make the safety cheat or you have a sub-6' corner against a 6'5 280lb TE with huge hands.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports