In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 701
Online now 1556 Record: 10351 (3/11/2012)
The largest and most active MSU Spartans board on the web
The place to ask questions to SpartanTailgate's recruiting experts
"The Duff" is dedicated to Michigan State football recruiting discussion
"The Bres" is dedicated to Michigan State basketball recruiting discussion
This is your pulpit to preach to the masses about everything from politics to religion
The place to buy, trade or sell Michigan State tickets
For fantasy football and other fantasy sports discussion
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Like that really deserves a thread.
Wait a second...just what kind of porn was being posted last night??
"RCMB: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainry." - some dude from MgoBlog
8 hours of porn is a lot of sunshine.
I'm available if you need an irregular person from the west coast to mod.
Now you I like.
You know the guy on the right is the "real" Abed from Community.
Steve Perry is on Community now?
Maybe the owners of the SITE should not have moved to this NETWORK then.
At the end of the day this is just another humongous, basic shortcoming of 247 that hasn't been addressed for two years. Granted, it's the best one. But that's the bottom line.
I think you need to be a 5 star poster
1) I used the idiom "asleep at the switch" because I knew mods were asleep. It is rather funny you tried to differentiate the two. We weren't asleep, we were asleep!
2) No one anywhere bans people for not reporting site issues. I don't care how lenient you think you are.
3) You don't have to read every thread. Just try and read all the major threads on the first page.
4) If members reported it, what would have been done? The mods were asleep. It might have saved about 1 hour and interrupted Trevor's obsession with Christmas lights. Which is worse, 1 extra hour of porn in a thread that was already there for 8 hours or banning people in the thread? Which one do you think would alienate people more?
5) Taking out your inability to mod late night on the posters of the site is not only incredibly childish, but would alienate the posters. If tRCMB and 24/7 can't moderate their threads, then you/they need to deal with the consequences not take it out on the customers. It's your failing, not ours. I am not here to enforce your rules, and enforcing rules is not part of the board guidelines.
This post was edited by scott91575 16 months ago
Well, our board slogan could be, "At least we're not Penn State."
Yes, with a link to MoJo Risin's posts
1) It wasn't sneaked in under our nose while someone was "on duty".
2) Not even this site bans people for not reporting site issues.
3) Not going to happen. Don't expect it to happen either. There's tons of stupid "major" threads on the front page that a mod will open up once and not revisit it. Needing to babysit every "major" thread on the first page is never going to happen.
4) We have asked numerous times since the board move for people to inform moderators in lieu of proper moderating tools. We're all supposed to be a part of a community. If we're going to try to cite the board guidelines though, people's posting privileges can be taken away at any time for any reason without prior notice. If the porn thing continues to be an issue, there's got to be more incentive to do something about it.
Not to mention that people don't even realize that we HAVE rules about porn. Posting porn is bannable. On the old board it was a perma-ban. On here it's a judgement call. Linking to porn is the same as posting it here. For some reason, people didn't think this was bannable. Quoting someone who posted porn is bannable. It's the same as posting it yourself. There are many many guidelines that people do not follow and we do not enforce as stringently as we should. We have asked time and time again for posters to assist us as we have limited resources. It would be easy enough to edit the board guidelines to add this in if it's a real sticking point.
There certainly was plenty of blowing going on in that thread that night. LOL.
Posting member of tRCMB since 1997.
It is ALWAYS a great day to be a Spartan!!!!
Can you post porn if it's marked as VIP only?
Don't post poop!
You can PM it though
We are all primarily in the same time zone. Let's dump 2 MIA Mods and trade up for a guy on the west coast.
We should make POS and Rule Spartannia mods. That would cover some different time zones
Just so I'm clear, I can post in a porn thread without reporting it and not get banned as long as I'm not directly quoting the pornster (porn poster)?
Let's be honest here...even on the old board (a board that had a report a post feature) only a small handful of posters would report a post with porn. the rest of these guys just giggle and touch themselves while bumping the thread. Is everybody on this board 12?
The way I see it, there are 3 options.
1) Ban all the users and get rid of the board, that way no one ever breaks any rules. Probably not going to happen, but it is an option, same as just shutting down.
2) Everything stays Status Quo, until this site cares about the message boards and not the highest bidder, it is what it is.
3) Go back to vBulletin or any other messageboard that has the tools to mod, and be a functional messageboard.
From the looks of it we are probably stuck with #2.
Now knowing what 1995 is like all over again! Thank you 247 technology!!
Hey, at least it happened. Even if I got an email about it in the middle of the night and I was awake I'd take care of it real quick. Now it's just a crap shoot with the house having terrrrrrible odds.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports