In partnership with CBSSports.com
The largest and most active MSU Spartans board on the web
The place to ask questions to SpartanTailgate's recruiting experts
"The Duff" is dedicated to Michigan State football recruiting discussion
"The Bres" is dedicated to Michigan State basketball recruiting discussion
This is your pulpit to preach to the masses about everything from politics to religion
The place to buy, trade or sell Michigan State tickets
For fantasy football and other fantasy sports discussion
You have no favorite boards.
Roushar has to call some early developing pass plays other than slants.
D has to hit Denard hard...early, often and late... I mean in the game not on a play.
Spartans need to catch what's in their reach.
D needs to eat, O has to eat and special teams need to eat.
Team effort men, team effort.
Kick the snot out of scum.
1) Discplined enough to reduce number of penalties especially PFs
2) Containment on D
3) Use Larry Caper!!!!
1. Score some fucking touchdowns. Team: please note that was plural, as in more than 1, actually 3 or 4 would be great.
2. Don't allow the other school to score any fucking touchdowns. 'nuff said.
3. If they do 1 & 2, don't need a 3.
We are the SPARTANS and They are NOT!!! [spartan 2]
1. Roushar misses team bus
2. Roushar misses team bus
3. Roushar misses team bus
1. OL needs to run block well
2. Make armpunt live up to his name
3. D needs to tackle in space
I refuse to mention Roushar in my post out of principle.
1. Real passing. 10-15 yards downfield, first downs.
2. At least 4-5 ypc on the ground to set up the downfield pass. The OL has miraculously pulled it together for a UM game before. Hopefully they can do it again.
3. Win the turnover battle.
3b. The 40 yard armpunts.... those should be interceptions, never completions. If Johnny can't make that happen, then the safety help has to be there. Which is less likely because we'll have to be containing the run, so yea Johnny, make a damn play.
This post was edited by Cuba Gooding Jr on 10/20/2012 at 12:06 AM
1) Chrome domes
2) Make Denard turn it over once or twice in his own territory. Offense could run into a score or two if they get a short field (see TD against Iowa) and 14 points will go a long way in this game.
3) Getting it to third and manageable. Most important thing for a team with a struggling offense. This team has sunk like a stone on 3rd and 7+. Get it to 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 3 and we have some options that can move the chains. We'll be way less predictable and there won't be as much pressure on Maxwell to make reads and sit in the pocket waiting for a receiver to get open before getting sacked. Must average 5 yards on first down.
1. 1st down offense
2. turnover margin
3. 3rd down defense
Held it down for Monty
Held it down For Iz
1. Roushar misses the bus.
2. Roushar gets the Roushits
3. Just fire Roushar.
Bell needs to go over 100 yards
Denard never gets to open field
I'll add a 4th to my list:
Play to win. Purdue is currently doing this against tOSU, faking a punt from inside their own 20 (4th and 1). If it's 4th and 1 from the MSU 48, I expect Bell to get the rock.
Felt MSU played not to lose against Iowa. Fortune favors the bold gentlemen.
Michigan State does not and will not run the 3-4 defense.
OK seriously this time:
1. Run the ball- 39 of 42 have been won by the team that runs the ball the best. Bell gives MSU a good chance here
2. D needs to force 2 turnovers and create a short field for the O
3. Win the TOP. This will kill clock and keep DR off the field and keep the D fresh.
Also a big play by the ST would be huge- blocked punt for TD.
The moment is eternal
Games are won in three places...
The RCMB...is one of the most awful, alarming, inappropriate, disgusting, and offensive msg boards in the history of the internet.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports