In partnership with CBSSports.com
The largest and most active MSU Spartans board on the web
The place to ask questions to SpartanTailgate's recruiting experts
"The Duff" is dedicated to Michigan State football recruiting discussion
"The Bres" is dedicated to Michigan State basketball recruiting discussion
This is your pulpit to preach to the masses about everything from politics to religion
The place to buy, trade or sell Michigan State tickets
For fantasy football and other fantasy sports discussion
You have no favorite boards.
Please pm with a link if you want to report a post:
Trevor Barnes - Staff
Martin Spartan - Recruiting boards and recruiting related topics on tRCMB
This post has been edited 13 times, most recently by Snake Plissken on 3/4/2013 at 8:16 PM
You can now identify who is a Mod by the Mod Squad badge under our avatars.
Since people often wonder what is and isn't acceptable to post on this site, here are some guidelines. These do NOT mean there will be a big difference in the way the board is moderated but are actually "unwritten" rules that have been used in the past already. There is really nothing very new here and many are just common sense.
1) Post as if your family is in the other computer. For the most part, we're all Spartans here people. Most of us share a love of MSU. Please remember that and act accordingly.
2) If you are a visiting GUEST from another school, act like you're a guest. Please be respectful that you are a GUEST here. This is an MSU themed board. You should not be surprised if it has takes an MSU-biased opinion on most issues. Flaming will not be tolerated.
3) We can revoke your right to post on Spartantailgate.com for any reason at any time without any prior notice.
4) We reserve the right to delete your posts at any time for any reason. The First Amendment doesn't apply to a privately owned message board, you do not have a freedom to say whatever you want on Spartantailgate.com at any time. You can be censored, you will be censored, so just get used to it.
5) Asking why a post was deleted, will have your post deleted. You may disagree with why your post was deleted, and we are fine with that, but asking why or commenting on it on the board will be cause for your posts to be deleted. If you take great offense to having a post deleted, send the Admin a Private Message. If it's worth replying to, he will.
6) Do not go overboard with profanity. We know it when we see it.
7) Racism, discrimination, and bigotry will not be tolerated. There is no reason why anyone should feel like they are uncomfortable or unwelcome here. Whether you're using clear or masked language, the following will not be tolerated: religious discrimination, racial/ethnic harassment, sexual harassment, or homophobic bigotry.
8) Do not post unsubstantiated rumors about players, coaches, or any one related to any MSU sports program.
If you're posting a rumor, you should at least have and post a legitimate news source to back it up such as sports radio, a newspaper, TV broadcast, etc. If it turns out that you made up the rumor, you could be banned. Rumors can be VERY damaging to MSU and its programs. Please be careful.
9) No repetitive negative posting. You will know repetitive posting when you see it.
What makes a repetitve post? Here is where the line will be drawn. If you come on here and consistently say the exact same thing about the exact same topic day in and day out, that is being repetitive. If you are a one-trick pony, your trick will wear out its welcome.
What about repetitive MSU bashing? The same applies here. If all you ever do is post after an MSU loss or post the same negative flames about MSU over and over just to incite people, you will be considered a flamer and treated appropriately.
10) If you repost a post that was deleted, that is grounds for banning.
11) No personal attacks on other posters. This right now is probably the biggest problem on the site. If you feel the need to harass another poster, don't do it.
12) Remember the site's audience. Not only is this site viewed by MSU fans, but it can be and is viewed by potential MSU recruits, their families, MSU players, their families and MSU administrators.
13) No recruit bashing. 99% of you have never seen most of our recruits play. It is not acceptable to attack a recruit simply based on their rankings. This site is visited by recruits and their families. These kids just became Spartans or are considering it, treat them like it. If you are unhappy with the overall recruiting class or trend, start a separate thread to discuss it. There is no reason to ruin what is possibly the happiest day of many of these kid's lives.
14) No offensive name-calling. Act your ages please.
15) Do not copy all of a news story from a commercial site. It is acceptable to copy a paragraph or two from a news story as long as you then provide a link to the story. It is NOT acceptable to simply post the entire news story. "Premium" content from pay sites may not be copied here.
16) No links or photos of adult material. Adult material in this case refers to anything that would be too raunchy for Maxim magazine.
17) Private Messaging is a privilege, not a right. This can and will be taken away from you if it is used in a threatening or abusive manner.
18) Personal information or photos about RCMB members should not be posted without their permission. No exceptions.
19) Politics and Religion belong on our Wells Hall Board. No exceptions.
20) Respect the difficult job that RCMB Moderators have. These people VOLUNTEER their time to help keep this site running smoothly. Please respect that even if you don't always agree with them. Excessive bashing of the mods is unacceptable. They may make decisions that are inconsistent and without explanation. Live with it.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by Trevor Barnes on 1/16/2012 at 8:28 AM
Unpinned to make room for the only tread that matters
Photo on strike.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports