In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 493
Online now 1827 Record: 10351 (3/11/2012)
The largest and most active MSU Spartans board on the web
The place to ask questions to SpartanTailgate's recruiting experts
"The Duff" is dedicated to Michigan State football recruiting discussion
"The Bres" is dedicated to Michigan State basketball recruiting discussion
This is your pulpit to preach to the masses about everything from politics to religion
The place to buy, trade or sell Michigan State tickets
For fantasy football and other fantasy sports discussion
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Since Wells has gone VIP, I figure we should have a memorial thread of the worst Wells arguments. Here’s my top 10:
10. “ an article from [insert media source].” 90% of the time, this is just a convenient excuse to ignore information that conflicts with your worldview.
9. “#@*! Obama for causing the economic collapse!” If you want to be mad at Obama for his response to the housing and financial collapse of 2006-2008, fine. But how can you blame him for events that took place before he ever took office? Time travel? Pre-cognition? I don’t get it.
8. “Why does God hate [insert: abused children/war victims/etc.]” Just because people do bad things (often in the name of God), does not mean God hates us or must not exist. It just means we have free agency.
7. “I show my love for God through my hate for His [insert: Muslim/gay/liberal/welfare recipient/etc.] children.” Ok, the argument isn’t made quite in that language, but you get the point.
6. " " All arguments made purely with emoticons = .
5. “Quit calling for more taxes. If you are concerned, you can always pay more taxes.” That’s like saying, "Quit calling for a stronger military. If you are concerned, you can always pick up a gun and go fight."
4. The whole gun debate. Does anyone really believe that banning assault rifles (good luck defining that) and limiting magazine sizes (good luck enforcing that) is going to affect gun violence? On the other hand, do you really think it’s oppressive tyranny to have to get a background check or use two 10-round magazines instead of one 20-round magazine? And do you really think your 2nd Amendment rights are being violated? Where does the 2nd Amendment say anything about the kinds of arms you have a right to bear? How is it unconstitutional to ban large magazines but not unconstitutional to ban rocket launchers? Claiming that your 2nd Amendment rights are being violated is almost as bad as…
3. “Sure, attack me just for expressing my 1st Amendment rights.” Look, if others don’t like this post, they can downvote the crap out of me and ridicule me with a barrage of angry posts. This doesn’t mean my freedom of speech has been violated. It just means I’m an idiot (which is probable the truth).
2. “The cold/hot weather in [insert location] this [insert: week/month/season] is evidence that global warming/climate change is a fraud/proven theory.” This is like saying that a single play by a single player is evidence of the state of a program. It’s high on the list because it gets made over and over and over.
1. “You can’t trust that Nate Silver guy!”
No top 10 list is complete if it doesn't include at least one of the hundreds of Bobby Sak threads where he informs us on who is racist and who isn't, and also determines whether a black person is actually black or not.
Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity. - Frank Leahy.-- If you're going to be stupid, be smart about it. - Mike Milbury
tRCMB - Where MSU fans eat their own.
Anything posted by Lars between January 1 and November 6, 2012.
Dude... two words:
Any thread where Roberta ropes in a few bible thumpers. Like this gem: http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/97/Questions-that-evolutionists-cant-answer-8848096/1
Selected excerpt from "Questions that evolutionists can't answer:"
Account for the missing land sharks
If we evolved from fish, why haven’t sharks, who according to your theory predate us, evolved into land animals and are hunting us?
This post was edited by Omar Comin19758 12 months ago
You forgot the most common retort on Wells:
And a close #2:
"Anyone who criticizes President Obama is a rich racist Republican connie homophobe who hates America, wants America to fail, gets all of his information from Rush Limbaugh and is actively helping the Koch Brothers to murder children in cold blood...
This post was edited by WixomSpartan 12 months ago
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable'
- President John F. Kennedy
Where do the politicized threads get banished to now?
This thread is Bush's fault - and so is Urban Meyer.
Wells didn't go VIP.
Madhatter takes the cake with who's the victim in home invasions. The intruder.
I'm willing to put up with the spam again if it means not having to see threads like this again.
If spam was taken care of, can we please unlock Wells? We need a place for these lunatics.
This is gonna be one of those threads where I go into it from the main board and then come out of it in Wells isn't it? I hate those. So confusing when you come out on the other side.
kenya, birth certificate, glen beck, 47%, socialists, gun nuts, islamophobes, GOLD, main stream media, global warming, men marrying children, men marrying horses, nazis, Bu$h, murica.
This post was edited by RP McMurphy 12 months ago
I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.
I assumed Wells was closed because after 15 years or so of debate you guys had come to logical, rational agreement on everything.
is anything over there actually worth memorializing?
A donkey I tell ya, a donkey.
Its five o'clock somewhere.
Devastating news, Bob.
tRCMB - Visit at your own risk of being disgusted.
A clear demonstration that allowing blithering idiots to vote is a failed experiment.
way to wells it up, dick face.
Any memory of Wells Hall, without mentioning the complete insanity of Old Wise One, is incomplete. There are insane posters on every message board, but Old Wise One was in their own category.
He's been gone a long time.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports