In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 928
Online now 712 Record: 10351 (3/11/2012)
The largest and most active MSU Spartans board on the web
The place to ask questions to SpartanTailgate's recruiting experts
"The Duff" is dedicated to Michigan State football recruiting discussion
"The Bres" is dedicated to Michigan State basketball recruiting discussion
This is your pulpit to preach to the masses about everything from politics to religion
The place to buy, trade or sell Michigan State tickets
For fantasy football and other fantasy sports discussion
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Certainly didn't forget about that. And my posts lauding BHO in this particular instance are here for all to see.
Just not sure tKilling of OBL compensates for the fact that the oceans have yet to stop rising.
I'm really interested in the subject. And I really, really believed that BHO could make such an immediate impact.
Can we get a non-Faux News update on the situation of the various third world islanders?
This post was edited by kaiserpete 2 years ago
Well first let me say that your expectations of changing anyone's mind via this board are probably unlikely to be satisfied very often...
Second I have mostly always tried to read what you post...and respond in kind when so inclinded...
Third the "Cliff Note"...
1) This Essay is about why under the new Consitution the power that the states maintained would not be in danger being taken away by the federal government...however it does not prescribe what those respective powers are...
2) Most of it is a discription of why in 1787 the thought that the Federal Government will have more power than the States is not logical...it has nothing to do with granted power and everything to do with informal power...
3) It is not Prescriptive - that is it is not defining the seperation of power as though it was a law. Instead it is just describing how things are..therefore it is not a document to use to describe the intent of the Consitution, which is a prescriptive documents in it's body but simply to talk about current conditions from a logical point of view...
4) The passage that eveyone quotes is in this document and means something different when read in the document than when stood by itself...to remove it from the document like that it to remove it from the meaning the author intended...
5) Even when read on it's own there is a clause in the statement which allows the Federal Government to have any power it deems needed...
6) And in the Essay the next two paragraphs expand upon how powerful the Federal Government must be, showing that the reading that a few give this paragraph seems at odds with the rest of the Essay...
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by TrapperGus 2 years ago
Lurking on tRCMB since 1996
So everything is right with the world as long as you have that card to play? What about everything else he mentioned?
Good list of accomplishments, I would just add to it the use of his vaunted diplomatic skills instead of brute military force to achieve our goals...like he demonstrated with Libya.
Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity. - Frank Leahy.-- If you're going to be stupid, be smart about it. - Mike Milbury
Just like Conservatives - always focused on the negatives - I really like it when you were chaining yourselves to the White House fence during the Bush administration in protest of the Iraq War....
Nope that was Cindy Sheehan and your buddies, the same bunch that is silent when Obama bombs the hell out of some country that posed no threat to us whatsoever, just so we could control their oil. Sound familiar? It should, you probably still have your "no war for oil" bumper on your Volvo.
That "card to play" is my favorite part of "hope and change." When it comes to national security, President Obama has been a major change from George W. Bush, who was warned about bin Laden, sat by while America was attacked on 9/11, and failed to find bin Laden.
Okay...war was okay when it Bush and is not okay when it is Obama...got it.
Yea, he does a great job on national security. As long as you're not an American.
You got that backwards Gus...Bush attacks a country.....bad....hurts our global image and diverts money that should be spent on hot school lunches for impoverished illegal immigrant children. Obama attacks a country....good....who cares about how the "global community" views us....oh and don't worry about the cost.....deficits are no longer a concern because Krugman told me so.
I think he's done a very good job on national security, and I am an American.
I'm sorry your favorite president fucked America up so badly. Truly, I am. But I'm not sorry President Obama hasn't fucked America up. He may be much more conservative than I want, but he's been a dramatic improvement over George W. Bush. It's too bad for you that you're praying for a horrific failure that just hasn't happened.
compound2 closing in on 50 posts on his own thread
The guy with 13,000+ idiotic posts ripping on someone else for too much posting.
No drama, just fact
I must have missed Obama attacking a country with ground troops...but no matter....Bush starts a war...good...Obama ends a War...bad...got it...
Hope we can change presidents in Jan.
You drive a Volvo...who knew...so US citizens proteting a stupid war is mocked by certain idiots...got it...
So attacking countries as long as we don't put "boots on the ground" in the words of that intellectual giant GRR, is OK? You realize we can obliterate damn near any country we want without putting "boots on the ground" don't you? I'm just trying to keep track of what amount of warmongering liberals will accept. Seems to change depending on who is president.
Well less that warmongering Conseratices will accept as the warmongering Conservatives accepted increasing the national debt from 5 Trillion to 25 trillion due to war...and tax cuts...
Drunk posting again?
Very weak post on your part...or are you just afraid to be a man and take resposibility for the train wreak 35 years of deregulation have caused and the second train wreak that 30 years of tax cuts have caused...
So you object to what Obama is doing in Africa then?
Have we invaded Africa now?
I did say they COULD go down as hospitals may no longer sock those of us who are insured to make up for those who are not. Whether that actually happens is anyone's guess.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports